Deadline Extended – Crummer Venture Plan Competition at Rollins College – 2023Katy Cook
|Time is running out to enter the Crummer Venture Plan Competition at Rollins College! Open to all regionally headquartered startups, the annual competition is where teams battle for funding, exposure, and mentorship in front of the region’s top entrepreneurs, leaders, and venture capitalists. This year’s finalist prize package is valued over $150,000 in cash and in-kind services, including a $50,000 cash prize to the winner! Don’t wait, submit your application today >>
Deadline Extended to January 22.
Questions: Contact Dr. Pete McAlindon at [email protected]
COMPETITION FAST FACTS
The unique partnership developed with our winners provides them with limitless potential to make a difference in Central Florida’s entrepreneurial ecosystem and in their industry as a whole. Two of our past 1st place winners were successfully acquired in 2020. And, of the 34 companies that have been finalists for the competition since 2012, 27 are in business today. Together those 27 companies:
- Generated over $55 million in revenue.
- Raised $36 million in investment capital.
Employ over 374 people.
The total value of the prize packages, including cash and in-kind services are well over $150,000 this year.
You will get extraordinary mentorship from Central Florida’s best entrepreneurs while competing to deliver the best pitch.
We bring the startup community together. Even if you don’t win, you will find new resources for your venture.
KEY COMPETITION DATES
- Friday, December 16, 2022 – Application Goes Live. Apply here >>
- Sunday, January 15, 2023, 11:59 p.m. – Submission Deadline.
- Sunday, February 5, 2023 – Semi-Finalists Announced. We will announce the semi-finalists via email, followed by a press release.
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023 – Pitch Workshop. Open to all applicants (including non-semifinalists), the Crummer School of Business will host a pitch seminar.
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023 – Semi-Finalists Dry Runs. This optional event will allow any semi-finalist to practice pitches and get actionable feedback from mentors.
- Thursday, March 2, 2023 – Semi-Finals Round. This event is closed to the public – judges, invited guests, and mentors only.
- Friday, March 3, 2023 – Finalists Announced. We will announce the finalists via email, followed by a press release.
- Monday, March 6, 2023. Finals Attendance Registration Opens. Join us at Rollins College for our in-person pitch event and network with the local entrepreneurship community. Startups, investors, mentors – everyone is welcome.
- Thursday, March 23, 2023, 5:00 p.m. – Final Pitch Night. It has all come down to this. Who will win the 2023 Venture Plan Competition, and go home with $50,000 and many in-kind services?