Explore and learn more about Export and International Grant Funding and Services from this free virtual round table event.
The Central-North Florida District Export Council (CNFL DEC), Tampa Bay and South Florida Organization of Women in International Trade(TBOWIT & SFLOWIT)will present Part One of the “Exporting for Women Series” interactive panel discussion on March 2, 2023, from 11:30 to 1 pm EST.
You will hear from experts about the following services and topics to expand your business :
- Trade Grants to cover costs associated with identifying, entering, and expanding into international markets. Examples include grant reimbursements for trade missions, trade shows, foreign product registrations, website enhancements, and others
- Export Finance options to secure capital to grow exports and reduce payment risk from international customers.
- Export Development provides market research, no-cost consulting to get you export-ready, comprehensive export marketing plans, and identification of overseas opportunities.
- International Partner Identification services assist companies in identifying qualified international buyers and partners.
We will have an expert panel with opportunities for you to interact with our speakers and get answers to your international trade support questions.
Moderator: Selma Canas – Florida SBDC at USF, International Trade Specialist, Member Tampa Bay OWIT
Joseph Bell – Enterprise Florida, Director of International Trade
Mindi Hertzog – U.S. Commercial Service Orlando & Central Florida, Senior International Trade Specialist and SelectUSA Regional Champion
Whitney Lett – Florida Department Of Agriculture, Supervisor of Retail and International Trade
Jill Mclaughlin – Florida SBDC at UCF, International Trade Specialist, Member CNFL District Export Council
Sandro Murtas – U.S. Small Business Administration, Office of International Trade
Q & A – Chris Leggett, Central Florida International Trade Office, Program Manager, Member CNFL District Export Council
Sign up today!
More about the Organizations:
- SBA Export and Trade Assistance – The SBA provides small businesses with resources needed to start and expand through exports including assistance with securing working capital to support export development, loans to expand production, and assistance with strategies to reduce payment risk.
- Florida SBDC – Small Business Development Center – The Florida SBDC provides one-on-one consulting to help prepare your business for exporting, develop comprehensive export marketing plans, and connect you with trade grants to assist with export development.
- Enterprise Florida – (EFI) offers a variety of trade grants through the Florida Export Diversification & Expansion program to help qualified companies start exporting for the first time or diversify into new overseas markets.
- U.S. Commercial Service – The U.S. Commercial Service (CS), part of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration, offers companies a full range of expertise in international trade. Companies can find assistance locally in more than 100 U.S. Commercial Service offices nationwide and in more than 70 international offices. USCS supports businesses in finding buyers and partners through their Matchmaking options.
- Fresh From Florida- The “Fresh From Florida” program promotes Florida agricultural products through consumer marketing campaigns, partnerships with 100+ domestic and international retailers, and an established presence at prominent industry trade shows. By joining the “Fresh From Florida” program, both small and large producers can benefit from the widely recognized brand, marketing campaigns, retail partnerships, and industry outreach.
- Southern United States Trade Association (SUSTA)– SUSTA is a non-profit organization that facilitates trade between small to medium-sized southern U.S. companies and overseas importers. The Global Events program offers trade missions and trade shows in a variety of international markets, and the 50% CostShare program can reimburse companies up to 50% of their qualifying international marketing expenses.