StarterStudio Build Stage Start Date
April 23 @ 9:00 am EDT$995
Step into what’s next with StarterStudio’s Build Stage Accelerator.
If you have validated your idea and you thoroughly understand your customer base, it could be time to jump into the Build Stage. Here you’ll build the early infrastructure of your business and learn the value of customer acquisition (not initial reliance on outside capital) for early growth and sustainability of your business, develop a Minimum Viable Product, create your go-to-market strategy, acquire your first customer and revenue, define your company culture, and so much more.
Program is April 23 – June 27, 2023.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: In the Build Stage, you will learn how to build, sustain, and grow your business through customer acquisition rather than reliance on outside capital. This bootstrapping approach is increasingly overlooked as a means of success, but is the most important source of validation and ability to attract capital along a continuum of growth. By the end of the program, participants are targeted to achieve the following:
– Establish the company that will deliver the solution to the problem they are solving
– Develop an MVP (minimum viable product) or define a route to a prototype
– Obtain first customer revenue (if you are a SaaS business)
– Select a co-founder or founding team
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN: Founders will focus on:
– Developing their go-to-market strategy
– Perfecting their customer pitch
– Creating business infrastructure relevant to a startup (accounting, finance, legal, HR, insurance)
– Building company culture
– Understanding operational planning and scaling
– Learning fundamentals of sales management; marketing; customer onboarding; expansion and growth;
– Understanding and setting key performance indicators (KPIs)
– Exploring funding options and sources
THIS PROGRAM MAY BE THE BEST FIT FOR YOU IF YOU ARE :
– Fully committed to establishing/growing a sustainable business
– Working towards/have secured your first revenue customer
– Working on developing an MVP or prototype (or have an initial version)
– Ready to develop a comprehensive Go-To-Market strategy
– Ready to learn about funding options
TIME AND PARTICIPATION COMMITMENT: This is a 10-week hybrid program (partially in-person, partially virtual); with two 2-hour long sessions per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 3PM to 5PM ET. Founder attendance is mandatory for all sessions. Our in-person sessions occur on the first, middle and last sessions of the program. For virtual sessions, please be prepared with reliable and consistent Internet connection so that you can fully participate with camera on at all times for this interactive-style program. Founders will be expected to dedicate time outside of class for weekly assignments, coaching sessions, and other work necessary to make significant progress in their business throughout the program.
Complete the Build Stage Application
Complete a Zoom/in-person interview with a StarterStudio staff member
Complete payment of $995 by the start of the program
Minimum of one founder working full-time in the business
Have the following items completed and available:
– Validated Problem/Solution Fit and clearly defined Value Proposition
– Detailed Value Proposition Canvas
– Effective Elevator Pitch
– Bootstrapping Strategy
Self-assessments as required (e.g. 16 Personalities, etc.)
Commitment to attend all sessions and complete required assignments
Do you have a business-building event that should be added?
*We reserve the right to publish events on an individual basis. All events must be business related, non-sales with a focus on educating and benefiting the business community.