Orlando Business Journal’s Inaugural Power Player
This year, Orlando Business Journal is bringing together a new awards program that identifies 50 people making the biggest waves in the region during a time of tremendous upheaval as we seek to emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic.
OBJ’s 2021 Power Players are the winners in a nomination-based awards program highlighting individuals helping grow and innovate the way business is done throughout metro Orlando. Some of these local leaders are well known, some have been rising in prominence and others are people you definitely need to meet.
To be nominated, individuals were required to be business leaders based in Central Florida — Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Lake, Brevard, and Volusia counties. Candidates were judged based on their respective accomplishments and influence in five categories:
- Industry Giants: Leaders of the region’s most powerful companies currently in the news because of major projects and/or initiatives that will have significant local impact.
- Disrupters: Those who are changing the way we do business through innovation, new technology, new products/services and challenges to current business norms.
- Deal Makers: Those driving major transactions, policies, initiatives and/or projects, helping spearhead partnerships and business relationships that generate new local business activity.
- Connectors: Those who bring key people to the table for important discussions, and whom other business leaders have on their speed dial.
- Heavy Hitters: Longstanding power players who always make the news year after year, and whose companies have a lasting legacy in the region.
We would like to congratulate our very own Gaby Ortigoni, president & CEO of HCCMO, who was chosen as one of Orlando Business Journal’s 2021 Power Players!